About Voter Id Card
It is mandatory to possess a voter id card in delhi and otherwise at the time of voting. This has been made mandatory by Election Commission of India. Voter ID card or Electors Photo Identity Card is one such document that serves as voter identification. Voter ID card is issued by voter id card delhi office after inclusion of one’s name in voter id card delhi list.
How To Apply For Voter Id Card In Delhi
To apply for voter ID card, or includes one’s name in voter id card delhi list, ones need to fill up the required form and submit it at the constituent assembly’s ERO office which is the voter id card delhi office. Depending up the status of the voter different forms are available.
- If one is applying for voters ID card for the first time, one needs to fill form 6.
- If any corrections are to be made in an existing voter ID card, one needs to fill form 8.
- If one is seeking deletion of one’s name from an electoral list, one needs to fill form 7.
Required Documents For Voter Id Card In Delhi
The documents that are needed to get one’s name included in voter id card delhi list are
- Post Office current Pass Book/Kisan/Bank/, OR
- Income Tax Assessment Order / Driving License/ Passport/Applicants Ration Card.
- Latest Gas/Electricity/Telephone/Water Connection Bill in the name of the applicant or his/her parents/guardians.
These documents should be submitted at voter id card delhi office.
Benefits Of Voter Id Card In Delhi
After one’s name has been included in voter id card delhi list, one can avail a lot of benefits. These include
- Act as one of the documents that enable a voter to vote in state of parliamentary elections.
- Act as a proof of residence that can help a citizen to avail benefits offered by state or central government
An important thing to note is that the voter ID card should be genuine and should have been issued by voter id card delhi office.
Contact Information For Voter Id Card In Delhi
The contact details of voter id card delhi office are mentioned below and can be contacted in case if anyone is having any problem in including his name in voter id card delhi list.
- One can access the “http://delhigovt.nic.in”, which is the official site for the state government of Delhi.
- One can also visit “http://eci.nic.in”, official site for the election commission of India.
- One can also contact the Office of the chief Electoral Officer, Delhi located near Old St. Stephen's College Building, Kashmere Gate, Delhi-110006
- Helpline number is 011-47617500.